Pumpkin Custard Brulee Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 4 teaspoons
- 1 cup solid pumpkin puree
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium low heat, mix the heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Heat until small bubbles form, about 3 minutes (just before boiling).
- In another bowl whisk together the egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until well mixed and a light lemon color. Add a bit of the hot cream mixture to the yolks, and whisk again, repeating until the cream is all mixed into the egg yolks and sugar.
- At this point you can whisk in the pumpkin puree and thoroughly combine everything together.
- Place four 9 ounce oven proof ramekins in a baking dish. Pour the custard between the four ramekins and fill the baking dish half way up the sides of the ramekins with hot water to create a water bath…. this will give the custard a smooth texture.
- Place the baking pan in the pre-heated oven and cook for 50-55 minutes - the centers will just jiggle.
- Allow the custards to cool at least one hour or four days before. Sprinkle each custard with 1 teaspoon of sugar and place under the broiler 1 inch from the top and broil for 1-2 minutes until the sugar melts or use a torch to melt the sugar.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.