Red White & Blue Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings, serving size 1 cup
- 3 1/2 pounds assorted baby potatoes (including white, red and blue or purple)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salad: Put potatoes, water to cover and salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife or skewer, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut in half or quarter them and put into a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, parsley and dill and gently toss.
- Dressing: Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
This can be made a day ahead. It’s best served at room temperature though so remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. Substitute fresh tarragon for the dill if desired.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.