Red White & Blue Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings, serving size 1 cup
- 3 1/2 pounds assorted baby potatoes (including white, red and blue or purple)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salad: Put potatoes, water to cover and salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife or skewer, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut in half or quarter them and put into a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, parsley and dill and gently toss.
- Dressing: Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
This can be made a day ahead. It’s best served at room temperature though so remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. Substitute fresh tarragon for the dill if desired.