Rosemary-Grapefruit Gin Fizzes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 fizzes, plus extra rosemary syrup for more cocktails
- 1 cup water
- Five long sprigs fresh rosemary, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 1/3 cup gin
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- Combine water, rosemary sprigs, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and discard the rosemary.
- Chill rosemary-syrup until ready to use.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice.
- Add 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1/3 cup gin, and 2 Tbs. rosemary-syrup.
- Shake well and strain into two Champagne glasses. Top each with a 2TB float of sparkling wine.
- Repeat 3 more times to make all 8 cocktails.
Copyright 2012-2015 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Rosemary-syrup will keep chilled in the fridge for several weeks. This recipe makes enough syrup for several cocktails.