Sausage & Apple Skewers Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 24 small metal or wooden skewers
- 1 pound spicy or regular fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal into 48 slices
- 2 small Fuji apples, (about 8 ounces), halved, cored and cut into about 24 chunks
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 14 cup thinly sliced scallions
- If using wooden skewers, soaked them in water 30 minutes to prevent charring.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Skewer 2 pieces sausage and 1 piece apple on each skewer. Place on prepared pan.
- Brush both sides with oil.
- Bake 10 minutes until sausage is lightly golden and apple is tender.
- Meanwhile combine mustard, maple syrup and scallions in a small bowl.
- Arrange skewers on platter and garnish with sliced scallions if desired. Serve with maple-mustard sauce for dipping.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.