Game Day Recipe: Savory Sausage Bread with Grainy Mustard Dip
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
Creamy Mustard Dip
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh bulk sausage (or 2 12-ounce packages frozen bulk sausage, defrosted)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds refrigerated pizza dough (or frozen pizza dough, defrosted)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten and combined with 1 Tablespoon water
- To make sauce, whisk all ingredients together and reserve. Sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- To make bread, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment. Cook sausage in a large non-stick sauté pan, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up into little pieces as it cooks. When nearly cooked through (and some pieces are beginning to brown), add garlic to pan. Continue to stir until all sausage is cooked. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Press dough on a lightly floured surface into one 18" x 8” rectangle. Spread drained sausage across dough evenly, leaving a 1” border on one long side. Roll bread up lengthwise towards the 1” border. Pinch the seam and ends closed and transfer bread, seam-side down, to baking sheet. (You may need to form dough into a u-shape or divide into 2 loaves, depending on the size of your baking pan.) Brush top of bread with egg yolk mixture and bake 35-40 minutes or until done in the center.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with dipping sauce at room temperature.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.