Shrimp Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-7minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 serving of 2 rolls as lunch with 3 Tablespoons of sauce or 8 appetizers of 1 roll with 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of sauce
- 8-10 (in case some rip) round rice wrappers for spring rolls
- 8 ounces pre-cooked medium shrimp tails removed
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles soaked in very hot water for 5-6 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup snow peas cut into thirds lengthwise
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded carrot
- 3 scallions separated into tops and bottoms, tops for the rolls bottoms for the sauce
- 1/2 inch piece of peeled ginger roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light soy
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- In a pie plate add enough water to submerge the rice wrappers one at a time, make sure to completely submerge the wrapper.
- After 1-2 minutes it should be soft and pliable, remove it to a clean cutting board.
- Place 3 shrimp in the middle of the wrap,
- and top with a small bundle of noodles,
- a few slices of snow peas,
- a few red peppers,
- some shredded carrot, and
- one scallion green.
- To make the roll fold the bottom up over the vegetables and noodles and
- then fold in both sides and
- roll up tightly.
- Put on a plate and repeat with the rest or the wrappers.
- Add the peanut butter,
- chili garlic sauce,
- coconut milk,
- soy and
- water to the bowl of a blender and
- blend on high until smooth and
- pour into a bowl and eat with the rolls -- yum.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.