Slow Cooker Lamb Vindaloo Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 to 9 H on Low
- Yield: Serves 6
- Serving Size: About 1 1/3 cups
- 2 Tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, minced (with seeds), about 3 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 3/4 pound lean boneless lamb shoulder cut for stew
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, jalapeño pepper, ginger, cumin seeds, ground coriander, turmeric, salt and garam masala in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add lamb and toss to coat with spice mixture. Add potatoes, tomatoes and onion and toss to mix and coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or until lamb and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cilantro and serve.
Copyright 2012-2015 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Can keep refrigerated up to 3 days, but don’t freeze unless you remove the potatoes first.