Spicy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 4 small plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pocketless pitas, warmed
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Optional, feta cheese for topping
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Toss in tenders and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or several hours to overnight in the fridge.
- Combine all Tzatziki sauce ingredients and keep chilled.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Layer greens and grilled chicken on pitas. Top with Tzatziki sauce and garnish with feta cheese. Serve warm.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
If dill isn’t your thing just substitute an equal amount of fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley. This is a spicy one! Adjust the cayenne up or down to suit your taste.