Warm & Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Your favorite ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. You’ll need an 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- Whisk flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Whisk in milk and butter until blended.
- Pour into pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle top evenly with brown sugar, then remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and the chocolate chips.
- Mix the vanilla and hot water and pour over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the top looks dry but center of cake is still jiggly.
- Cool on wire rack until warm. Spoon into serving dishes and top with ice cream if desired.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.