8 Kitchen Gadget Fails & How to Prevent Them
The sky won’t fall if you use a salad spinner to drain pasta (although we don’t recommend it). But not all kitchen gadgets are exchangeable. Make the wrong swap, and you could end up with a heap of mangled onion, wondering, What was I thinking? Don’t beat yourself up–just use the proper tool.
1. Scooping spaghetti with a spatula
Fess up–we’ve all tried this, and it didn’t end well. Make friends with a spaghetti server.
2. Flipping a burger with a bag clip
“Bag clips are almost like tongs,” said no one ever. This burger situation requires the real thing.
3. Scooping ice cream with a melon baller
If portion control is the goal, you can still use a real ice cream scooper.
4. Slicing an onion with a cheese slicer
This sad, butchered onion made us laugh, cry (onions do that), and praise the genius of an onion dicer.
5. Measuring food on a bathroom scale
We get the logic, but a food scale is more manageable. And accurate.
Out of Stock
6. Grinding coffee beans with a hand blender
Baristas, get thee a coffee grinder.
7. Hacking a melon open with a meat tenderizer
Bludgeoning produce? Not unless you’re a quirky comedian from the 1980’s.
8. Cracking an egg with a nut cracker
Don’t try this at home. Or anywhere. Ever. For boiled eggs, which are tricky to open, try an egg cracker.
Out of Stock