12 Days of Cookies: White Chocolate Cranberry Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies
- 2 and 3/4 cups shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
White Chocolate Glaze
- 3 ounces pure white chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Make the macaroons:
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Add the egg whites and stir with a large rubber spatula until combined. Stir in the almond and vanilla extracts, then the chopped dried cranberries.
- Measure one heaping tablespoon of mixture for each and drop into a mound on the prepared cookie sheet, making sure they are nicely round and 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the white chocolate glaze:
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening together in a small microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals until melted, stirring well after each increment. Drizzle over cookies. Cookies stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator for up to five.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.