Air-Fried Fish & Chips with Tangy Herb Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes four servings, (1 piece fish, 1 cup fries, 3 Tablespoons sauce)
- 2 Russet (baking) potatoes, (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cod fish fillets (about 6 ounces and 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick each)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Soak potato sticks in a large bowl of water 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with a dish towel.
- Preheat air fryer at 360 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Put potato sticks in a large bowl and toss with oil until well coated. Put into fryer basket and cook 20 to 25 minutes, shaking basket every 5 minutes, until potatoes are crisp and golden. Sprinkle with salt. (Fries can be spread on a baking sheet and kept warm in a 250 degree oven while preparing fish.)
- Set fryer at 370 degrees. Spread flour on a sheet of parchment or waxed paper. Beat egg with mustard in shallow bowl or pie plate. Combine bread crumbs with oil using your fingers in another shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Coat fish in flour, then egg mixture, then crumbs and place in fryer basket. Cook 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden and fish is cooked through.
- While fish cooks, make sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with fish and fries.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.