Asian Chicken Meatball Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes four servings
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled – cut into slices
- 1 Tablespoon 5 spice powder
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon each oyster & soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into slices
- 8 baby bok choy
- Diced green onions and chili sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Start by putting green onions, ginger, garlic, 5 spice powder, and soy in a processor – process just until everything is chopped. Then add cut up chicken thighs, egg, salt & pepper, and bread crumbs and pulse until ground and mixed.
- Shape into approximately 16 meatballs, place on a baking sheet and bake approximately 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- While they cook, combine chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and ginger in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, add bok choy, lower the heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Then just put the broth in a bowl, add some meatballs, a little chili sauce and diced green onions.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.