Blueberry Pecan Braid
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans (broken pieces are perfect for this)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw pastry to room temperature, and roll out lengthwise about an extra inch. In a bowl combine sugar, pecans & cinnamon – mix well. Unfold puff pastry and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Spread the cream cheese down the center 1/3rd of the pastry, top with the preserves and finally with the pecan mixture.
- Cut the dough down each side of the cream cheese mixture into 10 strips on a downward angle roughly 1/2 inch apart. Braid it starting with the first strip and overlapping side to side on top of the mixture. Turn the ends under or press together with a fork to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg/water mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.