How to Brine and Twine a Turkey
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving Size: Makes enough brine for one turkey
- 1/2 gallon apple juice
- 1 gallon water
- 2 Tablespoons each dried sage & rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 yellow onions, peeled & cut in quarters
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15-20 minutes partly covered.
- Allow brine to cool completely.
- Put rinsed turkey (without the bag of giblets, etc.) into a brining bag or non-reactive pot and add the cooled brine.
- Seal bag or cover pot and refrigerate 8-10 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove turkey, rinse, pat dry and roast.
Sixty minute cooking time includes brine cooling time.
Copyright 2012-2019 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.