Celebrate Cinco de Mayo: The Chimichito Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Four servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup chunky red salsa
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro to garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, salsa and green chilies - mix well.
- Heat the tortillas just a bit o make them a little more pliable, microwave or in a pan is fine. Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla, then roll up restaurant style, bottom over the filling, sides in, then roll away from you. Place on a greased baking sheet and brush top of burrito lightly with oil. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- While they cook, warm enchilada sauce in a small pot. When they're done, spoon some warm enchilada sauce on a plate, lay chimichito on top, add some sour cream and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.