Chicken Sausage with Caramelized Onion and Tricolored Peppers Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Makes four servings
- 2 large onion peeled and sliced into 1/2 moons
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12-ounce package cooked chicken Italian style sausage sliced into 1/4 inch slices on the diagonal
- 3 bell peppers red orange and yellow
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium low heat add the olive oil and onions. Cook the onion without moving for 3-4 minutes to allow them to start browning. Stir and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes or until soft and brown. Add the sliced sausage and continue to cook for 3 minutes more.
- While the onions and sausage cook, spiralize the peppers on the thick setting. When the peppers are done add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes more to soften. Season with salt and pepper and eat while hot or serve at room temp as part of an antipasto.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.