Chocolate Candy Cane Snowflakes Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 32 Chocolate Candy Cane Snowflakes
Basic Chocolate Pizzelle:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled to room temp
Candy Cane Snowflake Garnish:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat together eggs, vanilla extract, and butter. Add dry mixture to wet and beat until just combined. Heat pizzelle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and scoop 1 heaping teaspoon batter in each mold. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Set pizzelles on a rack to cool.
- When ready to decorate, place white chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stirring halfway through, until chocolate is smoothly melted. Pour into a large baggie or piping bag and snip the corner/tip. Drizzle melted chocolate over pizzelles (in any pattern you like! But snowlflakes are particularly pretty) and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Let cool completely before storing/serving.
These basic Chocolate Pizzelles would be a delicious twist to use in our Crispy Cannoli or Holiday Krumkake Cones too!
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.