Corn Chowder Recipe
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup (120 g) chopped onion
- 18 ounces (519 g) russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) cubes
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
- 3 fresh corn ears, shucked, kernels removed OR 3 cups frozen corn kernels, divided use
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup corn.
- Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.