Cranberry and Walnut Bread
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup walnut, chopped
- 1 packet (1⁄4 ounce package)active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast with warm water. Wait 10 min until the yeast is activated and a froth forms.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, black pepper, dried cranberries and walnuts in a KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer Bowl. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer and Mix on Speed 3 for 1 minute until just combined.
- Add the yeast mixture, cranberry juice and melted butter to the flour mixture and Mix on Speed 3 until just incorporated. Attach the Dough Hook and knead on Speed 4 for 7 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Punch down dough and roll into an 8x12 inch rectangle. Fold dough in thirds to make an 8x4 inch loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 min or until double in size.
- Bake for 30 min or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in loaf pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Chef’s Tip: Soak the cranberries in rum the day before for a festive holiday twist.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.