Crispy Chicken Sandwich with Garlic Spinach
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes 3 sandwiches
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, pounded very thin & cut into 3 pieces
- 3 large slices mozzarella, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Ciabatta rolls
- In 3 wide bowls put flour in one, beaten eggs in one and the panko crumbs in the last one. Season panko with salt, pepper and Parmesan. In a large pan, add butter & olive oil over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg, and then in the panko.
- Melt butter with 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet and heat to medium high. Cook the chicken in the butter/oil about 2 1/2 minutes - flip and top with cheese then cook 2 minutes more – remove to paper towels to drain.
- While it cooks, sauté spinach in remaining oil until wilted and stir in garlic - cook one minute. Slice rolls, drizzle with a little oil and cook in a non-stick pan until slightly golden brown.
- Serve by putting spinach on a roll and adding the chicken.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
$14.99 - $24.99
$4.69 - $6.99