Deep-Dish Ham Quiche
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Add flour, butter and salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and. Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Stir and mix 3 minutes or until butter resembles small pebbles. Add water and Stir 1 minute or until just combined. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Attach clean Bowl and Wire Whip to Mixer.
- Add cream to Bowl. Turn to Speed 3 and add whole eggs, egg yolks, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll out to about 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Place dough in deep 9-inch pie pan. Trim and flute edge as needed. Pierce dough all over with fork. Cover with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights to ensure uniform baking. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Remove beans and parchment paper.
- Spread cheese, ham and chives on bottom of crust. Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Copyright 2012-2019 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.