Eve’s Answer Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ½ oz Tequila
- ½ oz Spiced Raisin Syrup*
- 1 oz Rich Apple Cider
- ¾ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Mezcal Float
- Combine Tequila, raisin syrup, cider and lemon juice in mixing glass.
- Add ice, shake well and strain into coupe glass.
- Float Mezcal over top of cocktail.
- Dust with cinnamon and garnish with remaining stick. (note: Ceylon cinnamon is preferable; however, cassia (common cinnamon) is just fine in a pinch)
*Raisin Syrup: Heat 24oz white grape juice until warm. Combine with 24oz sugar and stir until dissolved. Steep 5 cinnamon sticks, 6 cloves, 3 star anise and a scrape of nutmeg for 20 minutes in a covered pot. Let cool, strain and refrigerate for use.