Amazing Green Chili Chicken Tamales Recipe
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16-18 tamales
- 18 dried corn husks
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup green salsa
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups instant tamale corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- Put husks in a large bowl and cover with hot water – leave an hour.
- Combine chicken with salsa, mix and set aside.
- Put shortening in a mixer and using the paddle, mix about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- In a large bowl put corn flour, salt, baking powder, chili powder and water – mix well with your hands making a soft dough. Turn on mixer, add corn flour combination to the shortening and mix until smooth.
- Spread corn flour mix about 1/3 inch thick on the wide end of a corn husk, add some chicken mix down the middle, some cheese, and then fold the sides in to cover the mixture and fold up the narrow end.
- Put in a steamer and steam with the lid on 45 – 50 minutes.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.