Grilled Cheese for a Crowd
- Yield: 6 sandwiches
2 sheet trays
- 12 slices of bread
- Mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- 3 cups cheese(s) of choice, shredded
- Place both sheet trays in the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Spread a very thin, even layer of mayo on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heap a half cup of shredded cheese onto the non-mayo sides of 6 of the slices.
- Top each with a slice of bread, mayo side up.
- Using oven mitts, remove 1 sheet tray from oven and turn it upside down.
- Place the sandwiches onto the sheet tray, spacing them as evenly as possible.
- Using oven mitts, take the second sheet tray from the oven and place it on top of the sandwiches to create a press.
- Holding the sheet trays together, carefully place them on the upper rack of the oven.
- Allow to bake for 9–12 minutes, until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.