Grilled Red Pepper, Zucchini, Scallion, & Citrus Salsa Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes four - six servings.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pink grapefruit halved
- 1 orange halved
- 1 lime
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 large red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into a few pieces so they can lay flat
- 4 large scallions
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a grill to medium high and rub the olive oil on the grill grate. Place the grapefruit, orange, and lime cut side down on the grill and grill without moving for 3-4 minutes. Turn to make an x pattern on the fruit and remove to plate to cool.
- Place the zucchini quarters, red pepper, and scallions on the grill. Grill turning until charred on all sides, 3-7 minutes and remove to a plate to cool.
- Over a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice from 1/2 the grapefruit and the limes. With the remaining fruit, place on a cutting board and cut the peel away. Chop the fruit coarsely and add to the bowl.
- Next chop the zucchini, red pepper, and scallion, and add to the bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and chopped basil. Serve with any grilled meat fish or tofu.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.