Kale Pesto with Orange Noodles Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: Makes four servings
- 3 cups packed Tuscan kale tough stems removed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup packed basil
- 2 cloves garlic or to taste
- 1/3 cup pinenuts toasted
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a high-powered blender add the kale, basil, garlic, pinenuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Place the lid on the blender and blend on low using the bat to help push down the mixture for 1 minute. Then turn the speed on medium and blend for 1-2 minutes, taste for seasoning, and season with salt and pepper. Blend again for 30 seconds and scrap into a bowl and set aside.
- Spiralize the sweet potato and carrots on the thin setting. When finished add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the orange noodles and cook quickly for 2-3 minutes, just too warm though and wilt the noodles.
- In 4 bowls add the orange noodles and top with 4-5 tablespoons of the pesto.
Reserve the left over pesto for 3-4 days covered in the refrigerator and use on everything…in scrambled eggs, as a sandwich spread. and countless other ways.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.