Lamb Kofta with Saffron Rice Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes four - six servings
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Put saffron in 1/4 cup hot water and let sit 10 minutes.
- Rinse basmati rice and add to a pot with chicken broth, the saffron and soaking water add pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and turn down to low and let cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add almonds and parsley; mix well and keep warm.
- Put ground lamb in a bowl and add cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Mix well and shape into balls or cylinders.
- Brush lightly with oil and cook on a hot grill until it’s where you like it, about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill, skewer and serve with rice.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.