Lemon & Strawberry Pot de Creme
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 ounces whipping cream
- 1 large lemon
- 4 large strawberries, cut into a small dice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put yolks, egg, sugar & whipping cream in a medium bowl – add zest and juice from lemon – whisk mixture together.
- Place 1/4 of the strawberries into each of 4 ramekins. Strain & press mixture through a sieve to remove lumps and then divide into the ramekins. Place the ramekins into a roasting pan or large casserole dish and carefully add boiling water to halfway up the sides of the ramekins – place into the oven.
- Bake 40 to 45 min or until just set and still a little wiggly. Remove pan from oven, let cool, then refrigerate 3-4 hours (if you can) Serve with more berries & a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Copyright 2012-2019 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.