Lemony Spring Veggie Pasta Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes four servings, two cups each
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 8 ounces asparagus, tough ends snapped off and cut bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of well salted water as package directs.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are almost crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer until vegetables are tender.
- When pasta is done, remove 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pasta cooking pot. Add vegetables, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Stir in about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water to moisten.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
$14.99 - $24.99