Meringues with Ice Cream & Chocolate Syrup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8
- 3 oz eggs whites (about 3 large eggs)
- 3/4 cup caster (fine granulated) sugar
- Ice cream, chocolate syrup and almonds for garnish
- Heat oven to 200 degrees degree F.
- Put the egg whites into the very clean bowl of a stand mixer, and whisk until you have stiff peaks, then gradually add in sugar. Whip until mixture is super glossy, hold stiff peaks, and you can hold the bowl upside down and nothing will come out (roughly 7-10 more minutes).
- Use a spoon to make 6 - 8 mounds of meringue on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 1 hour 45 minutes.
- They’re ready when firm and sound hollow if tapped. Let cool slightly before removing from parchment. Serve at room temperature topped with ice cream, chocolate syrup and almonds.
Copyright 2012-2019 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.