Mini Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 30 mini pies
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced very small
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced very small
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1/4 cup beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 30 mini Phyllo dough pastry cups
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to cooking temperature on Phyllo package.
- Heat large sauté pan, add oil, onion and carrot – cook on medium high until just softened, 4-5 minutes. Add ground beef and stir, breaking up into very small pieces until cooked through. Add gravy and season with salt & pepper – stir well.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of filling in each Phyllo cup. Top each with about a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and push down with the tines of a fork. Place on baking sheet and cook according to package directions.
- Serve sprinkled lightly with parsley
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.