Mushroom Wine Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes approximately one cup
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Remove stems from mushrooms and cut caps into 4 or 6 pieces - depending on size.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat and add garlic – cook until very fragrant – about 30 seconds then increase heat slightly and add mushrooms. Cook until they've released most of their moisture then add rosemary. Stir through the mushrooms a minute or so then add wine and broth. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about a third.
- Mix cornstarch with a couple tablespoons of the pan liquid until smooth and stir back into the mushrooms. Stir until sauce thickens, add salt & pepper to taste.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.