Old School Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: Makes six servings
- 4 quarts water (16 cups)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 pounds small red potatoes quartered
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds linguica (smoked sausage)
- 8 ears fresh corn shucked and halved crosswise
- 2 pounds unpeeled shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Hot sauce to taste
- In a large stockpot (with a strainer) bring water, beer and seasonings to a bowl.
- While water comes to a boil, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire, parsley and hot sauce – mix well and set aside.
- Add potatoes and onions and cook 5 minutes. Add sausage, and cook 5 minutes. Add corn, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook until just done – 3-4 minutes or just until done.
- Carefully drain the liquid and put shrimp etc in large bowls, or simply dump out onto a newspaper-covered table. Serve with sauce.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.