Peppermint Patty Brownies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings, 2 brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 bag (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (12 ounces) dark chocolate covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, then briskly whisk in the eggs until blended and smooth. Stir in flour until blended.
- Spread half the batter (about 2 cups) into prepared pan. Top evenly with mints. Spoon remaining batter over top and carefully spread to cover mints.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top looks set and slightly crackled around the edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate for easier cutting.
- Lift foil by ends out of pan. Cut into 24 bars. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
These store beautifully and can easily be made ahead of time. Store tightly wrapped or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer up to 1 month. For over-the-top minty sundaes, serve topped with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream and drizzle with hot fudge sauce.