Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound pasta, whatever you like will work, but maybe trying a new shape is in order?
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup basil pesto (though it would be wonderful with cilantro pesto too)
- 1 teaspoon (or more) red pepper flakes
- Shredded Parmesan
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- One at a time, place chicken breasts in a large zippered bag, add about a tablespoon of olive oil and seal (the oil will keep the chicken from tearing).
- Whack with something heavy, like a bottle until evenly flat - about 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove from bag and season well with Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan, add a little more oil to chicken and cook over medium high heat until done, about 3 minutes a side.
- While the chicken cooks, add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta (saving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water) and return to pot with the pesto and a little of the pasta water - mix well to coat and adding more pesto or water depending on how you like it - keep warm.
- Remove chicken from grill and slice into strips.
- Plate the pasta, top with chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.