A Modern Take on a Traditional Favorite: Pineapple Harvest Platter Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- 1 large whole pineapple
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound mixed whole nuts, in shell if available
- Decorative toothpicks
- Slice pineapple lengthwise into long quarters, carefully keeping leaves attached to each quarter. Cut lengthwise down the center of each quarter to remove the tough core in one long piece.
- In each quarter, make one cut into the fruit both at the base and near the leaves, being careful not to cut all the way through the skin. Use a flexible knife or boning knife to cut lengthwise along the bottom of each quarter, between the skin and fruit. Slice each quarter into 1⁄2”-wide triangle-shaped slices of fruit (approximately 6). Again, do not cut through the skin.
- Arrange the sliced pineapple quarters on a platter with the leaves splayed out. Fill in between the pineapple quarters with whole nuts and piles of grapes. Spear the pineapple slices with decorative toothpicks before serving, if desired, or serve with the toothpicks on the side.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled until ready to serve. The platter can be prepared up to one day before serving.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.