Potato Latkes Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 - 12 servings
- 1 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- For serving: sour cream, chopped smoked salmon and diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Grate potatoes; then put grated potatoes in a large bowl of water, so they don’t brown.
- Put onion, beaten eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Drain potatoes well. Put drained potatoes in the center of a kitchen towel, wrap up and squeeze really well to remove any moisture. Add potatoes to beaten egg mixture and combine.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. For each latke, put 2 tablespoons of potato mixture into pan, spreading into a 3-inch circle. Reduce heat and cook until bottom is browned.
- Flip latkes and cook until bottom is browned as well. Place on paper towels to drain and season with salt. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Keep cooked latkes warm on a baking sheet in the oven until all are cooked.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.