Wilton Red Velvet Spritz Cookies
- Serving Size: About 10 dozen cookies
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
- Wilton Christmas Red Icing Color or ColorRight Crimson Color
Royal Icing Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoons Wilton Meringue Powder
- 4 cups (about 1lb.) confectioners’ sugar
- 5 Tablespoons warm water
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla and color; mix well. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill.
- Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove cookies from cookie sheet; cool on cooling grid.
- Makes about 10 dozen cookies.
Royal Icing Recipe
- Beat all ingredients together until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.