Sam’s Cooking School Lesson #1 Eggs – Part 3
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes one omelette
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked, crispy bacon – diced
- 1/4 cup sautéed mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and add about a teaspoon of butter. Let it melt and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the eggs and wait about a minute, allowing the egg to start to set. Using a spatula, gently pull the edges just slightly towards the center of the pan letting the uncooked egg to run in behind. When the eggs are mostly set add the bacon, mushrooms, and cheese to one half, then fold the other half over to cover and let cook about 1 minute.
- Flip the entire omelette to the second side and cook for another minute and then slide it onto a plate.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.