Sliced Filet Mignon with Fava Beans, Radishes, & Mustard Dressing Recipe
- Yield: Makes four servings
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh fava beans (from about 2 pounds fresh pods) or frozen double-peeled, thawed
- 10 medium radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, basil, thyme, and parsley
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (5- to 7- ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat's milk feta cheese
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead.) Cover and chill.
- Cook fava beans in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to dry. Place fava beans, radishes, herbs, and dressing in medium bowl; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let salad stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Melt butter with canola oil in 11 inch fry pan over high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to fry pan and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Cut each slice into 3 slices.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Arrange 1 sliced steak atop each salad. Sprinkle some cheese over each and serve.
Originally published on Epicurious.com
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.