Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Chili Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut for stew
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 poblano chili, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, chopped plus 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Your favorite chili toppings (such as shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped red onion).
- Put all ingredients except beans, cilantro and peanut butter in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Stir in beans; cover and cook 5 minutes until beans are heated through.
- Stir in cilantro, peanut butter and additional chopped chipotle chiles and/or adobo sauce if desired. Spoon into bowls and serve with toppings.
Peanut butter may seem like an unusual addition, but it helps mellow the flavor beautifully. Don’t want to use it? Stir in 1 Tablespoon olive oil instead. This recipe is a keeper! It will keep several days in the refrigerator and can also be frozen in [airtight containers|http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/food-storage-containers/12606/] up to 2 months.