Sour Cream Donuts Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 24 donuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or orange liqueur for a nice change)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix half & half, sour cream, egg, vanilla and oil well, then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Using a mixer or whisk, blend until smooth.
Using a Donut Maker:
- Immediately scoop the batter into a disposable decorating bag and close with a rubber band. Snip the tip and pipe a ring of dough into each of the molds.
- Close the lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the Donut Maker and rest on a wire rack.
- Top with icing, confectioner’s sugar or cinnamon sugar.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.