Spicy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 4 small plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pocketless pitas, warmed
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Optional, feta cheese for topping
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Toss in tenders and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or several hours to overnight in the fridge.
- Combine all Tzatziki sauce ingredients and keep chilled.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Layer greens and grilled chicken on pitas. Top with Tzatziki sauce and garnish with feta cheese. Serve warm.
If dill isn’t your thing just substitute an equal amount of fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley. This is a spicy one! Adjust the cayenne up or down to suit your taste.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.