Steak & Mushrooms: Make Dinner for the One You Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Two 6-8 ounce steaks of your choice, room temperature
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces whole cremini mushrooms, stems cut off so they lay flat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vermouth
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Parsley, for garnish
- Lightly oil and season steaks. Heat skillet to medium and cook steaks on both sides until done. Go for medium rare or around 132 degrees if you can (a good thermometer will help). Place steaks on cutting board and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add a tablespoon each of oil to a non-stick pan, and add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip over, add another tablespoon of butter and cook until evenly browned all over, and add garlic. Let cook about a minute, then off the heat, carefully add 1/4 cup vermouth. Let liquid reduce, turn off heat and keep warm.
- When steaks are done, wipe out pan, return to heat, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Then add shallots. Cook a couple minutes until softened. Turn off the heat carefully add the vermouth. Return to heat and allow to reduce until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add cream and mustard. Cook until thickened. Then stir in Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt & pepper, mix well and keep warm until serving.
- To serve, slice the steaks, spoon the sauce over the top and plate with the mushrooms. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.