Great for Gifting: Chocolate Fudge 6 Ways
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Three dozen pieces
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, letting the foil extend ends of pan (to make lifting the fudge out of the pan easy).
- Put chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a small heavy saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring with a heatproof silicone spatula, until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt and walnuts if using.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Lift by foil ends onto a cutting board and cut into 36 squares. Keep refrigerated.
I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas Fudge:
- Omit vanilla and use white chocolate chips instead of semisweet. Before pouring into pan, stir in 1 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup chopped pistachios and 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries. Chill.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Fudge:
- Use peanut butter chips instead of semisweet. Omit vanilla. Pour mixture into pan then sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks. Push the chunks down into the fudge. Chill.
Rocky Road Fudge:
- Use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet. Stir in 1/2 cup each chopped walnuts, mini marshmallows and semisweet chocolate chunks. Pour mixture into pan then, sprinkle top with a handful or so of the 3 ingredients. Chill.
Candy Cane Swirl Fudge:
- Use white chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate. Omit vanilla and instead stir in 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract. If desired, squeeze a few drops red food coloring over top and swirl with the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Chill.
Cookies ‘n Cream Fudge:
- Use white chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate. Stir in 8 chopped chocolate sandwich cookies. Pour mixture into pan then top with 3 more chopped cookies. Chill.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.