Tomatillo Salsa – The Super Condiment
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1-2 chipotle peppers
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1/2 white onion, diced fine
- Kosher salt
- Heat broiler to high.
- Put tomatillos on a foil covered baking sheet and broil about 5 inches away from heat until blackened on top, about 4-5 minutes, then flip over and repeat, let cool.
- Put in a processor with any of their leaked juice and add the garlic, chipotle, cilantro, and onion, then season to taste with salt.
- Process until nicely chunky and taste for salt & chipotle, add if necessary.
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.