Twice-Baked Duchess Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- 5 russet baking potatoes
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, plus more to garnish if desired
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil. Place on prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers, leaving ¼-inch thick shells. Add potato, flesh, egg yolks, ¼ cup butter, cream, chives, and salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Wire Whip to Mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and mix 3 minutes. Spoon into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe filling into potato skins.
- Brush tops of potatoes with 1 tbsp melted butter. Place on prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Chef's Tips: Garnish with additional chives for added color. Potatoes can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. When ready to serve, finish baking as directed.
Copyright 2012-2018 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.