Waffle-Grilled Pineapple With Coconut Ice Cream and Coconut Dulce de Leche
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar plus 1 tsp brown sugar, separated
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- 4 fresh pineapple rings, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 pint coconut milk or coconut flavored ice cream
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- For the coconut caramel sauce: Add coconut milk and sugar to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer over medium low heat. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in pinch of salt and cayenne if using. Pour into bowl or jar and allow to cook slightly.
- For the pineapples: Preheat waffle iron. Sprinkle an 1/8 tsp brown sugar on each side of each pineapple ring and gently rub into pineapple. Place one ring on the waffle iron and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate 180 degrees and cook another 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining pineapple rings.
- Cut pineapple rings into 1 inch pieces. Divide the pint of ice-cream into 4 bowls and top with pineapple pieces. Garish with mint and serve with coconut caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2012-2019 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.