This New York deli favorite is typically served on large bagels. Here we prepared them in a much more manageable size where the delicate flavor of the salmon shines through.
4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 of an 8-ounce package), softened
3 Tablespoons snipped chives
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 mini bagels, split
4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into 8 pieces
8 thin slices ripe tomato
8 thin slices red onion
8 sprigs fresh dill
- Combine cream cheese, chives, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon cream cheese mixture on bottom of each bagel. Top each with a piece of smoked salmon, folded to fit. Top with sliced tomatoes, onion, dill sprigs and bagel tops.
Recipe can easily be halved to serve 4. These can be assembled and refrigerated up to 2 hours ahead. Add a little kick to the cream cheese mixture by stirring in some horseradish or wasabi.
Terry Grieco Kenny
Latest posts by Terry Grieco Kenny (see all)
- Best-Ever Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - July 19, 2014
- A Quick Stovetop Pork Chop Recipe for Summer Supper - June 28, 2014
- Smoked Salmon Sliders Recipe - May 3, 2014